Friday, December 2, 2011

The week of Thanks

So last week is a bit of a blur. I'll try and tell all exactly as it happened, but I'm not sure I can do that. It may have helped if I had written the blog at the beginning of this week, but I'm not one to take the easy way out.

Sunday the 20th I was asked to give a talk in Sacrament meeting for the 27th. I also had to give a lesson in my Gospel Principles class. Which PS I LOVE teaching. I feel like I have grown so much and learned a ton from teaching that class. The talk I had to give was on humility and my lesson was on missionary work. I decided I like teaching a lot more than giving a talk because I can ask questions and get feedback. However, I really feel like my talk went well. It took me five days to prepare and I was SUPER stressed about it, but it's over now so I can breathe. Thursday of course was Thanksgiving and it was amazing. I made cranberry sauce for the first time. For as long as I can remember we've never had cranberry sauce in our Thanksgiving meal, and I wanted to try it. I like it. I like it a lot in fact.

Every Sunday a group of my friends holds dessert night. It's just a bunch of us getting together to play games. I have so much fun. I make dessert… hence the name of dessert night. However I didn't on Sunday because I got to talk to my best friend in the entire world, and I decided that was much more important since I don't get to talk to him very often and I treasure the moments I get to talk to him. A few people told me we can't call it dessert night if I don't make dessert for them. We'll have to come up with a new name. Lucky for them… and me… some other people brought some food.  I schooled the guys in a good game of Mario Kart. PS thank you to my friend Austin who vouched for my amazing skills during Mario Kart. The guys thought I would lose because I'm a girl. Their words. Not mine. Actually I asked if that was the reason and they said it was, so technically my words, but I spoke truth.

This week… Monday we didn't have FHE so a group of us went to a friends house and watched Captain America. It was amazing. I am super excited for The Avengers to come out. SUPER excited about it.

Tuesday, I watched White Christmas with the parents while sitting next to the warm fire. I love that movie. It always puts me right into the Christmas spirit. I'm super excited for Christmas.

Wednesday I had institute, which I love because a) it gets me out of the house, and b) it's always spiritually uplifting.

Still trying to find a job and I'm going a bit crazy, but I have hope! I pray my guts out before every interview, but nothing has stuck yet.

Well, until next time!

2 comments:

Cammie Smith said...

Anna, you're so awesome. Glad things are going well! Miss you out here.

annakedd said...

Thanks Cammie! You're awesome as well! I miss you too! I hope all is going well for you!