Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lagoon+sunburn+no sleep+parade+movies+lots of fireworks=

My 4th of July weekend!!! It seriously was so much fun. I love the 4th anyway but this has to be on my top 10! Saturday I went to Lagoon with a couple of my friends and we had a blast. I got so sunburned though. Lucky for me it didn't hurt, I am still a bit red!! It is turning into quite the tan which makes me awfully happy!

My best friend in the whole world came home for a week and I finally got to see her the day before she left to go back. We watched the Stadium of Fire fireworks at the park by the hospital. I can't even tell you how much I miss her!!! I love when we are together. She is pregnant and I just love that little nugget already. Is it possible to love something inside of someone else? I think it is because I do. That baby just won the mom lottery!!

Sunday night a friend of mine slept on the street like hobo's to save us a spot for the parade on Monday morning. It was so loud due to the motorcycles who thought they were funny and rode up and down the street revving their engines and shining their lights on us. I finally fell asleep around 2:30-3:00am and woke up to Amanda telling me my car was being towed. I have never jumped up so fast. Don't you worry though, they were just using the Port-a-potties I was parked by. I finally fell back to sleep at about 6:30am and woke up to my alarm on my phone that tells me I'm going to be late for work. I call it my O.S. alarm. I stayed up and put out all of our blankets. I'm just sayin' that people get all sorts of fiesty about spots at a parade. Holy cow!! There was all sorts of drama.

After I got home from the parade at noon, I went right to bed. My nephews woke me up around 4:30pm and I will admit I was not too happy about being woken up. I set my alarm to wake me up at 5:30pm so I slept for another half hour and couldn't sleep anymore. I got up and got ready for the day and Amanda and I went to Walmart and got movie treats then went to a friends house for a movie night. We watched Taken and I forgot how violent that movie is. Some of those hits gave me a headache. After the movie we did some fireworks and it amazes me how excited I get during fireworks. I love them. They bring so much joy to me.  We watched another movie and as it got over I looked at my phone and it was almose 1:30am. I couldn't believe it. I was going to have another night of no sleep!! It was totally worth it. I loved this weekend! It was so great! I love July!!!!!!!

No comments: