Saturday, January 2, 2010

Random feelings

In August a very good friend of mine passed away. Unfortunately/fortunately I was in Fish Lake for the Tippetts family reunion so I wasn't able to go to the funeral. Because of this I am grateful but at the same time I never really got closer with the whole incident. I'll walk down the hallway where she sat at work expecting to see her. Or I'll say something and think she would think that it was hilarious so I go to call her and remember that she isn't there. It was very hard for me at first because when I first went back the work after it happened I would see her name on tasks she sent to me, or patients would call in and ask for her. No one said anything about her at work. All we would say to patients was that she no longer worked with us. We never talked about her. While it's still very hard for everyone I work with who knew her, we progressively are able to talk about her now, 5 months later. Mostly we talk about all of the funny things she did. This woman had no personal space and she loved to make others come out of their bubbles. One of my favorite memories of her was one day when I was living in Provo, I hadn't seen my mom in weeks because I was trying to save gas. I called my mom while I was at work because I missed her, though I couldn't tell her that. My phone call was based around what I was to do with the garbage can once I moved back home. After I hung up with my mom I started crying because I missed her so much. Janiel saw me crying and came over to ask me if everything was OK and she said, "You know, you're mom would be so tickled if she knew you were here at work crying because you miss her and she's only 20 minutes away from you." She just gave me hug and told me to go see my mom. She was such an amazing lady. I'm sure that when I die, the first person I will look for will be her. She is one of the best people I've ever met and I miss her like crazy!!

No comments: