Friday, November 13, 2009

Florida

Pretty much I'm feeling much like a slacker. I haven't posted anything on my blog since September. So... here's my quick update. (It has to be quick because I have to go pick everyone's lunch up in 9 minutes.) My best friend in the whole entire world got married last weekend so I flew to Florida to be one of her bridesmaids. Honestly, it was quite an emotional time for me. This girl has been my best friend since the 10th grade and I don't see her much as it is. She lives in Ohio and I see her about 3 times a year if that. We had a blast together last week. I got to Florida on the 4th and the first thing we did was hit the beach. It was dark and so pretty. The way the moon reflected on the water was just gorgeous. I couldn't catch the perfect picture though, so I had to let it go pictureless. On Thursday night we went to a restaurant called the Mai-Kai. It was a polynesian restaurant and had some awesome dancers. I honestly don't know how those women's hips move that way. I had to try it out! Friday was her rehearsal and I cried through it. I was so happy for her. Her birth-mom was there and I just kept thinking how this day almost never happened. It was insane. We went to the rehearsal dinner and all of us had a little cry. It was funny because 4 people started crying at the same time, but for totally different reasons. It was quite entertaining. Saturday was the wedding and I cried through the whole ceremony. I was pretty scared actually because it was a catholic ceremony and I was afraid I was going to do something wrong. Friday night, we said goodbye and cried some more. I realized that this girl makes me funny. She laughs at my jokes, which doesn't really happen. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'll miss her forever just as I always have, and I'll love her dearly just as I always have. She will always be my best friend!

No comments: