Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A trip to the Atlanta temple!

Being out of Utah I have had a lot of opportunity I don't think I would have had otherwise. I was asked to help out during the Atlanta Temple Open House on the 24th. I put booties on people as they walked in. Atlanta is a 2 hour drive from Columbus so I had to leave my house at 3:30am to meet by 3:45am so we could leave by 4:00am. For those who don't know, I don't sleep very well at night. In fact it is 2:25am and I am still very much awake... as I was that night. I set my alarm on my phone for pm because I am just THAT amazing! I fell asleep at 2:20am and by some miracle I woke up at 3:20am. I have no idea how. I did as much as I could in 10 minutes and ran out the door. They asked us to be at the temple 2 hours before our shift started. We got there at 6:00am, our shift started at 8:00am, and it ended at 12:00pm. As we were walking back to the car, my heel caught a rock just right and my ankle twisted and I went down. Another well known fact about me is I am a major clutz. I fall all the time! I took a picture of my two day old battle wounds so my road rash doesn't look as bad as it was. 
I jumped right up like I usually do. I didn't even know I was bleeding until I tried to wipe all the rocks off. I guess that's what happens when you fall all the time. All in all, it was a really great experience. 

No comments: